Saturday, September 4, 2010

Double-Wide Couchasaurus Rex

Spawn is really congested tonight and just can't seem to settle down into a normal sleep pattern without waking up gagging. My poor baby. :( CS Dad and I have done what we could to prop him up and make him comfortable enough to get through the night. And that's when it dawned on me...I owe it all to my couch.

We bought this couch a little less than 3 years ago:


It met my basic requirements. It was on sale, has a super-durable, machine-washable, denim slipcover, and removable backrest cushions.

Why would I want removable backrest cushions? ;) Because I enjoy cuddling with my guys on the couch and that's easier with a deeper seat! The nice thing about this particular couch is that when you remove the backrest cushions, you basically have a very comfortable space equal to the size of a twin bed to stretch out. The unfortunate thing about this couch is that, even though it's lighter than a sleeper sofa, it's still a beast and a half to move, to vaccuum around, and to rearrange when the mood strikes. Come to think of it, I'm not sure we've ever rearranged the furniture in this room since we got this couch.

Tonight, more than any other night, we needed it, though! Poor Spawn needs to sleep propped up and supervised since his hayfever is making him gag in his sleep. With double-wide, couchasaurus rex, I can stay right here next to him all night with my feet up on the ottoman and there's plenty of room for both of us to stretch out and get comfy together.

So, tonight is the night my double-wide, couchasaurus rex finally earned its keep. =D

Chrissi, Cyber School Mom

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi, I'm looking for a slipcovered denim sofa and came across your blog from a google search. Would you mind sharing where you bought your denim set, brand etc. Thanks so much!

Chrissi said...

It's a Cindy Crawford collection sofa from Raymour & Flanigan. It's been a few years, but they might still carry this collection.

Related Posts with Thumbnails