Thursday, September 30, 2010

It's the most wonderful time of the year...

Scholastic's October Book Club Sales! =D I swear - the best books all year are in this month's fliers!

As many of you may already know, we are not traditional homeschoolers. We use an amazing PA cyber charter school: PA Leadership Charter School.

Because we use a cyber, we enjoy many of the benefits of homeschooling as well as many of the benefits of public-schooling. Amongst which are the savings offered by buying in large numbers from Scholastic. Spawn's having a heck of a time narrowing down his choices to fit his $20 monthly book-buying budget, though. =D

The one book I'm absolutely certain I'll find on his list:

The best part? I get to view the fliers for every grade level, so I can choose more challenging books for my advanced reader. I love to shop ahead for Christmas and Winter Solstice, too, to surprise Spawn.

I'll let you peek in the box when it arrives at the end of the month, too. ;) Check back often to see what Spawn finally chooses!

Do your kids have any favorite Halloween/October/autumn/Samhain books that you think we might enjoy? Please feel free to share your favorites in the comments!

Chrissi, Cyber School Mom

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails