Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Word of the Week Wednesday - Recovery

This week's Word of the Week is "recovery".

From Merriam-Webster's Online Dictionary:

Main Entry: re·cov·ery
Pronunciation: \ri-ˈkə-və-rē, -ˈkəv-rē\
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural re·cov·er·ies
Date: 15th century
1 : the act, process, or an instance of recovering; especially : an economic upturn (as after a depression)
2 : the process of combating a disorder (as alcoholism) or a real or perceived problem


You may be asking - "Why is "recovery" the word of the week?"
 
Recovery is the word of the week because that's what I've been doing for the last month!
 
On April 18th, I suffered a nasty fall down a little more than half a flight of stairs - broke my left foot, banged up my right leg and knee severely, and ripped the skin off of my foot and several toes. Last night (one month to the day after my accident), the last of the scabs finally peeled off - showing new, pink, healthy skin underneath - and I'm getting around a bit without the aircast/boot now, so I can see the end of my recovery in sight! Sadly, my feet are in desperate need of a pedi and I'm just not flexible enough yet to manage that. My toenails are ridiculously long. I could catch fish with these talons. :p Ugh.
 
I have pictures. =D Unfortunately, they're way too bloody-gory to show you. So, here's this picture I cropped my niece out of to show you how I've been geting around for the last month. Yes, I'm still in the boot. I'll be in it until June 7th, at least. (I did take it off and hobble around a bit without it the last few days, but I'm paying for it now. :p)
 
 
My right leg is so ugly and atrophied from the dang boot!
 
So, what have y'all been up to without me the last month or so? =D
 
Chrissi, Cyber School Mom

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails