Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Jamie Oliver on the Importance of Teaching Children to Cook

"I wish for everyone to help create a strong, sustainable movement to educate every child about food, inspire families to cook again and empower people everywhere to fight obesity." ~ Jamie Oliver ~

Jamie Oliver's Food Revolution

Jamie Oliver's TED Award Speech

I'm so glad we don't have this particular problem with Spawn, and yet...we overlook the sugar in chocolate milk and buy it occasionally anyway. I wonder if I did the same experiment shown in the video above whether or not Spawn could name more than one or two vegetables in their original, whole condition. We've gotten a little out of practice due to trying to keep weight on Spawn, but I think it's time to get back to the basics of whole foods for the whole family.

Chrissi, Cyber School Mom

Updated to add link to 2nd video.

2 comments:

Eileen Emerson said...

I'm so "with you" on this, my friend. I will admit to taking some serious pride in the fact that my grocery cart last night was 90% filled with fresh veggies and meat, with almost nothing processed or pre-made. (In fact, I was rather smug about it!) I love Jamie Oliver too -- didn't he just win some big award?

Chrissi said...

I think you mean the TED award - the one from the second video link I posted above.

Related Posts with Thumbnails